You know that thought you once had about owning a nice car, living in a nice house, owning your own business.
You felt a sensation, a burning desire to own these out of reality things your mind came up with.
You wanted to be rich, have that well-paying job you love, drive that nice car and live in your beautiful dream house.
Everybody wants to live a live of total financial freedom and the good news is it’s all possible
How You may ask?
Through the principles in think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill.
You can absolutely manifest your wildest desires through these principles, but only when you are ready.
If you ask me what the one single most effective “success” book is. My first and only answer will always be think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill.
First published in 1937, think and grow rich is the end product of over 25 years of in-depth research conducted by Napoleon Hill.
During these 25 years Napoleon Hill interviewed over 500 successful people including Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, Graham Bell, John D. Rockefeller and Charles M. Schwab just to name a few.
The concepts taught by Napoleon Hill will transform anyone’s life. Some of these include developing a definite purpose, building a Positive Mental Attitude, channeling the power of the sub-conscious mind and dealing with adversity.
Everything in this book is thought provoking and mind boggling. This book was written in a most humble and sometimes funny way so everyone who is ready to start to think and grow rich will understand.
The philosophy in this book is universal; the riches referred to in this book are more than money, it’s about health, well- being, joy, partnership and much more.
Two of the most powerful tools in the book are the poem “My Wage” (“I bargained with Life for a penny…”) and “If You Think You Are Beaten” (“Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man.
However the whole book is a total unique experience. Reading this book will open you up to a new found confidence and belief in that which you thought was never possible. No wonder this book ranks so high among the most successful people among us.
As I was reading this book so many passages and paragraphs and story spoke to me; but since I cannot put all of these in one single blog post (it would be 75% of the book) I’ll give you my 45 quotes from this book that touched my heart and lingered in my mind for a long time.
Here are my favorite 45 quotes from this masterpiece written by Napoleon Hill:
- “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE.”
- “If you give up before your goal has been reached, you are a “quitter.” A QUITTER NEVER WINS AND A WINNER NEVER QUITS. Lift this sentence out, write it on a piece of paper in letters an inch high, and place it where you will see it every night before you go to sleep, and every morning before you go to work
- “You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.”
- “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”
- “I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.”
- “RESPOND POSITIVELY TO LIFE. Develop a positive self-image. Your image, your reactions to life and your decisions are completely within your control.” Remember that the moment you reduce the statement of your desire, and a plan for its realization, to writing, you have actually taken the first of a series of steps, which will enable you to convert the thought into its physical counterpart”.
- “More gold had been mined from the mind of men than the earth itself”
- “Every adversity, every failure, every heartbreak, carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.”
- “Put your foot upon the neck of the fear of criticism by reaching a decision not to worry about what other people think, do, or say.”
- “Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act for yourself.”
- “Opinions are the cheapest commodities on earth. Everyone has a flock of opinions ready to be wished upon anyone who will accept them. If you are influenced by “opinions” when you reach DECISIONS, you will not succeed in any undertaking.”
- “One who has loved truly, can never lose entirely. Love is whimsical and temperamental. Its nature is ephemeral, and transitory. It comes when it pleases, and goes away without warning. Accept and enjoy it while it remains, but spend no time worrying about its departure. Worry will never bring it back.”
- “TELL THE WORLD WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO, BUT FIRST SHOW IT. This is the equivalent of saying “deeds, and not words, are what count most.”
- “Before success comes in any man’s life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do. More than five hundred of the most successful men this country has ever known told the author their greatest success came just one step beyond the point at which defeat had overtaken them.”
- “You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.”
- “There are no limitations to the mind except those that we acknowledge.”
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve.”
- “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.”
- “Every man is what he is, because of the dominating thoughts which he permits to occupy his mind.”
- “The oak sleeps in the acorn. The bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul, a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of reality.”
- “Remember, too, that all who succeed in life get off to a bad start, and pass through many heartbreaking struggles before they “arrive.” The turning point in the lives of those who succeed, usually comes at the moment of some crisis, through which they are introduced to their “other selves.”
- “If you must be careless with your possessions, let it be in connection with material things. Your mind is your spiritual estate! Protect and use it with the care to which Divine Royalty is entitled. You were given a WILL-POWER for this purpose.”
- “no one ever is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.”
- “There is one weakness in people for which there is no remedy. It is the universal weakness of LACK OF AMBITION!”
- “FAITH and FEAR make poor bedfellows. Where one is found, the other cannot exist.”
- “Knowledge is power.” It is nothing of the sort! Knowledge is only potential power. It becomes power only when, and if, it is organized into definite plans of action, and directed to a definite end.”
- “One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat.”
- “Success come to those who become success conscious.”
- “Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat. Only by so doing can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as”
- “Close friends and relatives, while not meaning to do so, often handicap one through “opinions” and sometimes through ridicule, which is meant to be humorous. Thousands of men and women carry inferiority complexes with them all through life, because some well-meaning, but ignorant person destroyed their confidence through “opinions” or ridicule.”
- “Nature has endowed man with absolute control over but one thing, and that is thought.”
- “Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.”
- “That is one of the tricks of opportunity. It has a sly habit of slipping in by the back door, and often it comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat. Perhaps this is why so many fail to recognize opportunity.”
- “Failure comes to those who indifferently allow themselves to become failure conscious.”
- “Experience has proven that the best-educated people are often those who are known as ‘self-made’ or self-educated. It takes more than a university degree to make one a person of education. Any person who is educated has learned to get whatever they want in life without violating the rights of others. Education consists not so much of knowledge, but of knowledge effectively and persistently applied. People are paid not merely for what they know, but more particularly for what they do with what they know.”
- “Faith is the only known antidote for failure!”
- “The day of the “go-getter” has passed. He has been supplanted by the “go-giver.”
- “The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.”
- “The majority of people are ready to throw their aims and purposes overboard, and give up at the first sign of opposition or misfortune. A few carry on despite all opposition, until they attain their goal. These few are the Fords, Carnegies, Rockefellers, and Edisons.”
- “If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.”
- “Taking an inventory of mental assets and liabilities, you will discover that your greatest weakness is lack of self-confidence. This handicap can be surmounted – and timidity translated into courage – through the aid of the principle of autosuggestion.”
- “Your subconscious mind recognizes and acts only upon thoughts which have been well-mixed with emotion or feeling.”
- “If the thing you wish to do is right, and you believe in it, go ahead and do it! Put your dream across, and never mind what ‘they’ say if you meet with temporary defeat, for ‘they’, perhaps, do not know that every failure brings with it the seed of an equivalent success.”
- “The entire world is made up of only two things, energy and matter. In elementary physics we learn that neither matter nor energy (the only two realities known to man) can be created nor destroyed. Both matter and energy can be transformed, but neither can be destroyed. Life is energy, if it is anything. If neither energy nor matter can be destroyed, of course life cannot be destroyed. Life, like other forms of energy, may be passed through various processes of transition, or change, but it cannot be destroyed. Death is mere transition. If death is not mere change, or transition, then nothing comes after death except a long, eternal, peaceful sleep, and sleep is nothing to be feared. Thus you may wipe out, forever, the fear of Death.”
- “Perhaps we shall learn, as we pass through this age, that the ‘other self” is more powerful than the physical self we see when we look into a mirror.”
These are only 45 of the great quotes I can dig from this endless well called Think and grow rich. Of course there are hundreds more that you can find in the book. You can find this book on amazon.com.
Over to you.
Do you have a favorite quote, or maybe a particular lesson you have learned from Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill? If you have, please share it with us in the comment section below. But if you have never read this book, i urge you to pick up a copy of this book as soon as possible. Read it thoroughly, put in action what you have learned and what your life transform for the better.