You lay awake at night; eyes wide open with multiple thoughts running through your head.
You’re trying hard to catch some sleep but for some odd reason you just can’t fall asleep.
You wonder a lot about life and stuff, feeling helpless while time passes by and wounds try to heal. You wonder if this is the life you are truly destined to live.
You ask yourself this simple question “why am I feeling unhappy in my life. How come I have forgotten to be happy? Why am I feeling stuck?
Thoughts are racing through your mind like a wild fire. Another question pops up:
What is happiness?
It feels like you have forgotten how to be happy.
We all go to stages like these in life and most people would love to be happier, so I thought it would be interesting to find some ways on how to become a happier person. Here are 15 of the best ones I found.
- Be in a state of flow: happy people engage in day to day activities that helps them enter a state of flow. Thus becoming happy with their present life all the while dreaming and building for their future.
Being in a state of flow dramatically boost your happiness and increases your productivity. To live in a state of flow means that you let the universe guide you without fighting back or resisting.
Living in a state of flow doesn’t mean that you will never have a bad day or feel sad, but you simply will not dwell on these feelings “To be in a state of flow is to be happy in the present moment and have a vision for the future” -Vishen Lakhiani.
2. Talk to your inner self daily: happy people keep their inner child alive. They have daily conversation with themselves. They stay clear of negative self-talk at any cost. The inner speech, your thoughts, can cause you to be rich or poor, loved or unloved, happy or unhappy, attractive or unattractive, powerful or weak. – Ralph Charell
3. Nurture the mind body and soul: Happy people eat healthy; exercise daily and spent an awful lot of time keeping their spirituality in check. This is one of the many things that make them so happy. The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” Leigh Hunt.
4. Give up good for great– happy people are not afraid to give up a job or let go of something or someone that no longer contribute to their happiness for something much bigger and better. They are risk takers and live life dangerously without fearing the consequences. They trust in their own power and believe that an intention well set is an intention backed up by the universe itself.
5. Set goals– You want an instant boost of happiness? Do as the happiest have done; set a goal and work hard to achieve it. A goal will make life so much more interesting. By achieving it you will prove to yourself that you can indeed achieve everything you want. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” Albert Einstein
6. Live in the present– Happy people never dwell in the past nor or they concerned about the future. They live every moment of the present to the fullest. “It is difficult to live in and enjoy the moment when you are thinking about the past or worrying about the future.” ― Roy Bennett.
7. Forgive easily: the happiest among us are not the ones to hold onto grudges, they know that forgiveness is important because it benefits them more than it benefits the person they need to forgive. “True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.” ― Oprah Winfrey
8. Stay focused: happy people are focused on the things they value the most in life, and what they want to achieve. It gives a certain amount of joy when you materialize whatever goal you have focused on so long.
9. Speak ill of no one: happy people will not utter a negative word about their fellow human. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. – Ephesians 4:29
10. Love, love and love some more: love is the strongest energy in the universe and the highest form of energies. The love energy generates a feeling of joy. It makes you become vulnerable and joyous in your soul.
As a loving being you will radiate your love to the world. the energy of love is outpouring and accepting. accepting yourself first and accepting everyone else. It is only when you have become love you can give love. It’s only when you have accepted yourself 100% you can accept someone else 100%.
11. Be grateful for what you have. Gratitude is the key to a happy life. Being grateful for existence and everything and everyone you have around you makes life worth living. When you are thankful for what you already have you become very pleasant. Many studies have shown that we can cultivate gratitude and thus increase our happiness and well being.
Express gratitude to others, you will brighten their day as well as yours. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. Abide by the golden rule. “Treat others as you would like to be treated”, be mindful of everything you do and say. Get to know others, understand that things don’t always work and mistakes happen. “What Does It Matter What We Believe, as long as we treat others the way we want to be treated?”― Jeffrey A. White
13. Surrounds yourselves with like minded people. Surrounding yourself with people who are just as happy as you are, people who are ambitious and constantly challenge themselves to become a greater version of them. “The people you surround yourself with influence your behaviors, so choose friends who have healthy habits”. Dan Buettner
14. See every challenge as an opportunity. There is something good in every action or obstacle in life. Most of the time what we see as obstacles or challenges are simply miracles in disguise. Therefore embrace every challenge that comes your way. Every challenge is like fuel to a car; it keeps you going.
15. Don’t compare yourself to others. The worst thing to do in life is compare you to others. Happy people never do that. They know that they are unique and comparing will never help them reach their true soul’s purpose.
How is life measuring up?
Feeling unhappy? That sucks, particularly when you don’t even know how to change your life around.
Just imagine living the life you truly desire, doing the things you are absolutely certain off will make you feel happy and totally alive again.
Analyze your life and analyze the individual that you are and find out if you already do some of the things on the list on a daily basis. If you are, you are already on the right path, keep going and try the others on the list that will work for you.If you feel like you aren't on the right path to true happiness yet, wait no longer start now, you're happiness awaits you.Click To Tweet